Immigrant and Refugee Services
The Center for People in Need has programs which specifically address the needs of refugees and immigrants.
Refugee Resettlement Assistance
If you have just arrived in this country, need help and don’t know where to go, we can help.
Refugee Resettlement Assistance:
- Helps provide with community resources
- Instruction on how to use medical services
- Apply for a Social Security number
- Help you apply for housing assistance
Interpretation services available.
Citizenship and Immigration Assistance
Are you in need of assistance in filling out citizenship and immigration paperwork? If so, the Center for People in Need can help with the following documents:
- Green card
- Citizenship documents
- Travel documents (for permanent residents to visit homeland for one time travel)
- U.S. passports
Clients are responsible for any associated filing fees. Call Zena at 402-476-4357 ext. 230 for more information.
Citizenship Classes for Naturalization Test
Citizenship classes cover the 100 questions that could be on the naturalization test. Classes meet 9:00-10:00 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call Zena at 402-476-4357 ext. 230 for more information.